Job title: Hackney Advocacy Manager
Reporting to: Head of Service Delivery
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £32,000 – £36,046pa
Closing date: Monday 19 April, 12 noon
About the role
The Advocacy Project is the lead provider of advocacy in Hackney. This role is to deliver the vision for advocacy as set out in the London Borough of Hackney’s service specification. The vision encompasses:
- delivering high quality statutory advocacy carried out by our staff
- managing a network (hub) of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to deliver high quality non-statutory advocacy in line with the eligibility criteria and to develop their potential to deliver statutory advocacy
- developing alternative forms of advocacy
- making sure the Hackney Advocacy Hub is well-managed.
About The Advocacy Project
We help marginalised and vulnerable people make effective choices about what happens in their lives. We also support them to speak up and help improve important services we all need. We want to make sure people across all age and care groups – including learning disability and mental health – can:
- voice their concerns
- understand their rights
- make effective choices about what happens in their lives
We do this through advocacy services which support people individually, and user involvement projects that help organisations improve the services they offer.
How to apply
Upload your CV and a supporting statement explaining why you think you’re the person we’re looking for and how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience required.
It’s a legal requirement that you are eligible to work in the UK for all our posts.
Remember to get it to us before Monday 19 April, 12 noon.
If you have any questions please get in touch on .