Job title: Healthwatch Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Hours: 37.5 per week
Salary: £30,000 pa
Location: Brent, London
Closing date: Monday 26 April, 12 noon
About the role
This role is to deliver our vision for Healthwatch Brent over the next 3-5 years as set out in our contract with Brent Council. Key outcomes are:
- engaging and working with local diverse voluntary and community groups
- working with local health and social care services (adults and children)
- engaging with BAME communities and hard to reach groups
We’ll do this through a robust governance model incorporating:
- a board of trustees, overseeing compliance of statutory functions;
- an advisory board, to set priorities and champion key Healthwatch functions;
- a grassroots steering group, to inform and influence Healthwatch priorities and connect with BAME and hard to reach communities;
- a network of independent experts, to provide specialist knowledge and intelligence to support understanding and develop insight.
We aim to embed user engagement and community development at the heart of the Healthwatch service model, empowering user voices and improving access to health services, with a particular focus on the most disadvantaged and hardest to reach groups.
About Healthwatch Brent
Healthwatch Brent is one of 152 local Healthwatch organisations established throughout England on 1 April 2013 under the provisions of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. It has a dual role to champion the rights of health and social care users and to hold the system to account for how well it engages with the public.
Healthwatch’s remit covers all publicly funded health and social care services for adults and children.
The Advocacy Project has been awarded the contract to be Healthwatch Brent’s provider from 1 April 2021. We will build on the important work that’s been done to date, while bringing new insights from the voices of seldom heard and hard to hear groups. You’ll have an opportunity to develop the service in line with our ambitious vision, making sure all views in Brent, including the most marginalised, are at the heart of health and care and shape the services they need.
How to apply
Upload your CV and a supporting statement explaining why you think you’re the person we’re looking for and how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience required.
It’s a legal requirement that you are eligible to work in the UK for all our posts.
Remember to get it to us before the closing date marked above.
If you have any questions please get in touch on .