Safeguarding those in our society who are vulnerable is everyone’s responsibility. Working collectively with others is absolutely key to protecting people from harm, because it’s only by getting a full picture through everyone who comes into contact with a situation that we can make the right decisions.
We prioritise collective working when supporting individuals and their families through a case, and by contributing to furthering safeguarding practice as a society. We:
- have clear lines of communication with the local authority and organisations we work with
- take positions of responsibility in local safeguarding panels and boards
- actively seek out ways to learn from colleagues in other organisations and continually develop best practice
- reflect deeply on aspects of safeguarding and share our reflections to generate discussion among peers
- offer consultancy and run training sessions to up-skill professionals in other organisations