Our advocates can support you through the process of making a complaint This can be as simple as directing you to the information you need, or explaining the complaints procedure so you can then take forward the complaint yourself.
We also offer more personal support including helping you to write complaint letters and attending meetings with you if needed.
How can we support you?
The type of support we give you will vary depending on your particular needs. We can…
- talk to you about your concerns
- explain the NHS complaints process and Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and how they work together
- guide you through options so you can decide what you want to do
- suggest other helpful information and organisations
- allocate an advocate to support you, or the person you’re making a complaint on behalf of (eg a relative or friend)
- help you convey how your feel about the NHS care you’ve received
- help you prepare for meetings if necessary
- make sure your wishes, and no-one else’s, are followed
- help you to understand any responses you receive and support you to decide on further action